viernes, 1 de febrero de 2013

How important are raw foods in our diets?

                    Now this is important, so all of you take good note: starting on the 1st of January for dinner I started a 3 days liquid detox to clean my body between the New Year and 3 Kings long weekends.
                    Today (as per the 5th of January) for lunch I broke the detox and after my savoury smoothie I had 50 grams of pasta with truffle butter (gluten and dairy). 

To start with, I'd say the flavour wasn't as good as I remember and then, and here goes the important thing, after about an hour I started to feel extremely tired and in bad mood, so when I got home after work, I made myself a carrot/apple/ginger juice, which I sipped with the last rays of sun of the day. 

Within 10 minutes I was myself again.


                   Yesterday afternoon (as per the 4th of January), the end of day 3, after work I went shopping in a crowded mall, got home and cooked dinner for the kids, made juices for hubby and myself, cleaned up the kitchen and still had tons of energy to spare.



Now, what does this make you think?

                 The vitamins, minerals, enzymes and superfoods contained in a raw food diet are impossible to get on a onmivore cooked food diet. And even not going deep into this, just the fact of having so much energy and needing less hour's sleep (and be able to do more) should convert people to at least 50% raw foodism aiming for 80-90% which is the ideal.

Listen to THE raw food expert David Wolfe here but only until the 11th of February, so hurry up!

http://foodmatters.tv/m/day-1-david-wolfe     if the link doesn't work, copy and paste in your browser

More on my raw food journey HERE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario