jueves, 31 de enero de 2013

The ORANGE juice that cheered me up


When I woke up this morning I wasn't depressed, but haven't been feeling my best in the last week.
The temperaturas have dropped and my body took some time to adjust, so I kept feeling hungry, kindda sad and cold.

I had been trying to get back on truck onto juicing (and failed), tried with Beck's with some of my fav for lunch (and failed, as I kept having too much) and as a result the scale was showing an increase of 100/200 grams every day, instead of loosing them.

So I decided to switch from smoothie or fruit salad for breakfast to fruit juice and the result was amazing, only after 10 minutes of drinking it, I felt better, I felt full and moreover I felt happy.
Now, most of you will ask: what exactly did you put in that juice???

Well simple and easy:

3/4 of a pinapple (I left the rest for my son's afternoon snack)
1 Golden Apple
8 carrots
IMG_1271

Throughout the rest of the morning I kept feeling full and happy, also not so cold as I put on an extra layer of clothes (couldn't care less if I looked bloated, as was nice and warm). 
I kept drinking wáter and got back the nice feelings you get on the raw food diet: power, energy, fullness that I recently experienced on the last liquid only detox that I did early in the month between New Year's and the 3 Kings, when I lost 2 kg in 4 days that I had put on over a 4 days long weekend. For lunch I had a

IMG_1014TOMATO ROCKET SALAD:
1 beef tomato
5 cherry tomatoes
5 sundried tomatoes (in oil)
10 black olives
1/4 red onion
2 hadfuls of rocket
parsley, oregano, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
It's one of my favourite salads and when not detoxing I add 1/2 can of red kidney beans.








After making the juice this morning I got down to clean the juicer and the left over pulp looked very appalling so I put it in a box and took it with me to work.
I added some oatmeal, chia seeds and cinnamon poder making it a very healthy and money saving snack . I could only eat half of it, so that it's in the fridge ready for tomorrow

IMG_1273

Now it's nearly dinner time, I had a tea a while ago and I feel absolutely great and ready for


DINNERIMG_1044 consisting of Green Juice:
6 carrots
3 cucumbers
8 celery sticks with leaves

so hopefully am back on track for good #StartClean2013 and #HealthysELF

And how are you doing?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario